Posting Date: 11/10/2023
Location: San Jose, CA (on-site only)
Requisition: HBC 23-138
Department: Central Operations
The Central Operations Representative II is primarily responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Bank employees and clients, be it in person or on the telephone. The Central Operations Representative II will process all client transactions timely and accurately, consistent with the Bank’s policies and procedures and must possess a knowledge and understanding of all Bank products and service fees and assure the Bank is not placed in a potential loss situation by following the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Pay Range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $19.24/hr Max- $32.06/hr
- Responsible for ensuring all incoming calls are answered promptly, and internal and external clients are assisted professionally and courteously
- Responsible for answering internal e-mail requests in a professional and timely manner
- Responsible for various banking operations, including but not limited to:
- Processing stop payments and account transfers
- Maintaining all requests in accordance with Bank record keeping policy
- Completing audit functions, including Block entries and Stop Payments
- Completing all assigned research, ensuring the clients are charged appropriately
- Large item processing
- ATM Balancing
- Department filing
- Any additional projects or tasks assigned by supervisor
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven time management and problem solving skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks within a fast paced environment
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs, customer service skills, 10 key and a basic understanding of electronic banking systems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and consumers.
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.