Posting Date: 01/04/2024
Location: San Jose, CA (on-site)
Requisition #: HBC 24-05
Department: Commercial Lending
The AVP/Relationship Manager will primarily examine, evaluate and recommend approval of client applications for a myriad of bank products, including commercial lines of credit, commercial term loans, letters of credit, real estate loans and flat notes, by performing the following duties.
Pay Range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $74,663/yr Max- $124,438/yr
- Interviews applicants to obtain corporate history and to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Requests specified financial information for loan application.
- Negotiates structure and pricing of more complex credit facilities to borrowers with revenues of more than $1MM.
- Presents credits to Loan Committee and/or Director’s Loan Committee for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Analyzes potential markets to develop prospects for loans and deposits.
- Monitors borrowers’ financial condition for compliance with loan covenants.
- Maintains delinquencies and classified loans at a minimum.
- Maintains and services existing portfolio.
- Assist Commercial Banking Officers and Commercial Lending Credit Analysts in ongoing training.
- Act as Bank representative at civic and/or industry meetings or functions.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Masterful at relationship building and business development with strong influential and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge of unique industries and markets in conjunction with a broad knowledge of business banking products and services.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of external and internal clients
- Proven time management and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and make necessary decisions within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work in an autonomous manner.
- Travel may be required.
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job-related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.