Posting Date: 01/03/2024
Requisition #: HBC 24-10
Department: Information Technology
The SVP/Corporate Finance Relationship Manager will serve as a primary advisor for our corporate finance clients with a focus on building and developing both existing and new relationships. The SVP is responsible for business development activities related to growing the Corporate Finance portfolio (loans and deposits) with a primary focus in expanding the Heritage name in the commercial finance and asset-based lending marketplaces. The SVP will help manage the approval and documentation of all credits, actively partner in managing the portfolio and serve as back-up and provide assistance to Division Manager as needed.
Pay Range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $143,798/yr Max- $239,663/yr
- Act as a trusted advisor to our Corporate Finance clients
- Manage and execute business development activities and to be active in industry related events:
- Conduct a combination of outreach, personal networking and attending various social/business industry related events on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Engage established active network of COI referral sources and manage a pipeline of ongoing appointments
- Analyze potential markets to develop prospects suitable for the Corporate Finance Division
- Leverage marketing tactics and techniques to achieve established business development goals and expectations
- Maintain and assist in managing new and existing portfolios:
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan
- Work with credit officers and analysts to properly present, approve, and document all credits
- Mitigate risk and lead with a customer centric focus:
- Independently negotiate structure and pricing of credit facilities to borrowers
- Present credits to Loan Committee and/or Director’s Loan Committee for approval
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy
- Maintain delinquencies and classified loans at a minimum and monitor borrowers’ financial condition for compliance with loan covenants
- Provide back- up assistance to the Division Manager as needed
- Perform all other duties and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of success with 12+ years of experience with a background in asset based lending
- Masterful at relationship building and business development with strong influential and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge of unique industries and markets in conjunction with a broad knowledge of business banking products and services
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of external and internal clients
- Proven time management and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and make necessary decisions within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work in an autonomous manner
- Fosters a collaborative team environment
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job-related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state, or local laws.