Posting Date: 09/14/23
Location: Silicon Valley (on-site)
Requisition #: HBC 23-143
The SVP/Deposit Operations Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of Branch Operations, inclusive of all branch locations, and HOA Specialty Banking Operations and will ensure optimum efficiency and equal output by subordinates. The SVP will ensure all teams provide exceptional client service to all clients, both internally and externally. The SVP will maintain thorough knowledge of all Company services and ensure that procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policy and audit requirements. Additionally, the SVP is responsible for all facets of department supervision.
Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $119,460/yr Max- $199,100/yr
- Oversee, lead and manage Branch Operations and HOA Specialty Banking Operations teams:
- Ensure accurate performance of team duties and tasks
- Provide superior level of service to internal and external clients; ensure consistent performance and service quality across the division
- Partner with Regional Operations Managers, HOA Client Services & Operations Manager and Operations Administration Manager to implement on-going programs to streamline processes, improve efficiencies and identify and improve areas of service and/or operational weaknesses
- Monitor and update existing policies, procedures and processes to ensure ongoing operational soundness
- Recommend and assist in developing new policies and procedures as needed to maintain and improve audit readiness and internal controls
- Support and guide Branch Operations leaders on goal setting for establishing service standards
- Develop and implement strategic plans as necessary to create positive change, and monitor progress
- Promote and facilitate collaboration between all departments of the Company by partnering closely with other department managers and teams through professional oral and written communications
- Conduct team member departmental meetings to communicate and cascade information such as changes in procedures, process improvements, team member recognition, new procedures, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership by fostering team spirit and promoting an environment that will encourage job satisfaction and team member engagement
- Perform managerial duties including setting job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining team members and enforcing adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Assist, support, and engage in critical Company focus areas:
- Coordinate, monitor, and record pertinent Company statistical information as required for reporting and tracking purposes; develop management reports for use by Sr. Mgmt.
- Participate as a member of the Company’s Anti Money Laundering/BSA Task Force which designs and directs implementation of the Company’s Anti Money Laundering program
- Participate in assigned Company committees and task forces
- Participate in budgeting, the business planning process, and manage to the Operating Plan
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- A demonstrated record of success with 10+ years of banking operations leadership experience
- Proven time management and problem solving skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and make necessary decisions within a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work in an autonomous manner
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience distilling complex qualitative and quantitative data and metrics
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of leaders within an organization
- Impeccable integrity with an open and transparent leadership style
- Masterful at building relationships, and influencing executives and stakeholders of all levels within an organization
- Ability to foster a collaborative team environment
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.