Post Date: 09/30/22
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Department: Branch Operations
This position involves close coordination with the Relationship Management team in welcoming new business into the bank and managing existing client relationships on a daily basis. This position is a key liaison to deliver clients the outstanding service that our Heritage Bank of Commerce brand is built upon.
- Client service activities (handles client requests, transfers, wires etc.)
- Customary teller functions when needed (cash handling & balancing, deposit taking etc.)
- New account opening (ensure proper documentation in compliance with bank policies and procedures)
- Joint sales calls with Relationship Managers
- Deliver & provide tier 1 support for basic cash management solutions (basic online banking, ATM/Debit/Credit cards, Mobile Banking etc.)
- Deliver & provide tier 2 support for cash management solutions (including but not limited to boarding new account set-ups on the business online banking platform)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Client Focused
- Engaging with clients to build rapport
- Problem resolution skills
- Proactive attitude to ensure clients are pleased with their bank interactions
- Teamwork Oriented
- Must work well with others
- Energetic, passionate, and driven to succeed
- Professional skills
- Requires minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information using discretion and judgement
- Highly organized (punctuality, ability to set priorities, efficiency, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy
- Stress management and composure
- Fast learner with the ability to pick up processes
- Welcomes feedback and coaching
- Communication proficiency (reading, writing, speaking)
- Business Banking Knowledge
- Previous experience in a bank or financial institution setting
- Deposit products and services
- Familiarity with all types of legal business entities
- Knowledge of banking regulations and guidelines associated with banking products (BSA/AML, etc.)
- Cash Management Knowledge
- Service & sell basic cash management services
- Advanced computer and technical skills are essential
- Teller platform, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Experience with banking software, like FISERV, Premier ITI or Horizon
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job related laws and regulations. Responsible for keeping compliance knowledge current by attending compliance related training seminars and/or staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials. Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Customer Identification Program (CIP); Expedited Funds Availability Act (Reg CC); Reserve requirements (Reg D/Q); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC): Elder Financial Abuse and Financial Privacy laws.
Benefits include competitive salary, bonus plan, medical, dental, group life & long term care insurance, vision care reimbursement, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement program, and a health club allowance.