Posting Date: 12/20/2023
Location: Los Gatos, CA (on-site only)
Requisition #: HBC 23-162
Department: Branch Operations
The Client Services Banker I is the employee in the branch who is primarily responsible for opening new accounts, handling customers’ depository transactions (cash and non-cash teller transactions) and responding to client inquiries.
Pay range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $19.24/hr Max- $32.06/hr
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients, prospective clients and Bank employees, in person, by email, and the phone:
- Interact and establish rapport with all clients that conduct business in the branch
- Display outstanding interpersonal skills and maintain a professional image at all times
- Maintain a working knowledge of banking operations as it applies to the position:
- Follow proper procedures to mitigate risk to the bank
- Follow bank policies and banking regulations
- Conduct daily review of specified reports as required
- Complete operations work accurately and efficiently
- Act as primary new accounts contact:
- Possess a high level of knowledge and understanding of all Bank products and service fees in order to meet client needs and/or refer them to the appropriate department
- Build and maintain partnership with relationship management team and internal departments
- Possess a high level understanding of account ownerships and the supporting documentation required by regulatory and bank procedures
- Accurately input account information in the applicable computer programs as part of the new account process
- Conduct teller transactions accurately and efficiently:
- Manage assigned cash drawer within Bank policy and procedures
- Assist supervisor with training new team members if needed
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of one year of related experience
- Cash handling, customer service, and new account experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Effective communication skills in presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Displays a customer focused attitude with the ability to engage customers, build personal connections, and exhibit professionalism
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.
Click here to apply!