Posting Date: 09/27/2022
Location: San Francisco, CA (on-site only)
Requisition #: HBC 22-80
Department: Commercial Lending
Examines, evaluates and recommends approval of client applications for a myriad of bank products, including commercial lines of credit, commercial term loans, letters of credit, real estate loans and flat notes, by performing the following duties.
Pay Range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $95,700/yr Max- $159,500/yr
- Act as a trusted advisor to our business clients:
- Requests specified financial information for loan application
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan
- Interviews applicant to obtain corporate history and to resolve questions regarding application information
- Conduct business development and actively engage in community investment:
- Analyze potential markets to develop prospects for loans and deposits
- Act as Bank representative at civic and/or industry meeting or function
- Mitigate risk and lead with a customer centric focus:
- Independently negotiate structure and pricing of more complex credit facilities to borrowers with revenues in excess of $1MM
- Present credits to Loan Committee and/or Director’s Loan Committee for approval
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy
- Maintain and service existing portfolio:
- Maintain delinquencies and classified loans at a minimum
- Monitor borrowers’ financial condition for compliance with loan covenants
- Assist Commercial Banking Officers and Commercial Lending Credit Analyst in ongoing training
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of relevant work experience
- Masterful at relationship building and business development with strong influential and decision making skills
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge of unique industries and markets in conjunction with a broad knowledge of business banking products and services
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of external and internal clients
- Proven time management and problem solving skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and make necessary decisions within a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work in an autonomous manner
- Travel may be required
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job-related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.