Posting Date: 10/05/2023
Location: Gilroy, CA (on-site)
Requisition #: HBC 23-150
Department: Branch Operations
The Operations Officer is a senior operations employee in the branch. The Operations Officer is responsible for day-to-day management of the branch including servicing customers with depository transactions, opening and maintaining accounts, supporting sales staff and supervising the other operations staff in the branch.
Pay Range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $24.00/hr Max- $39.99/hr
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients, prospective clients and Bank employees, in person, by email, and the phone:
- Interact and establish rapport with all clients that conduct business in the branch
- Display outstanding interpersonal skills and maintain a professional image at all times
- Maintain superior knowledge of all areas of operations and lead by example:
- Follow proper procedures, bank policies and banking regulations and set expectations for others to mitigate risk to the bank
- Conduct daily review of specified reports as required
- Ensure branch is audit ready at all times by ensuring bank policies and regulations are adhered to on a continuous basis
- Complete periodic certification in a timely and accurate manner to audit requirements
- Manage direct reports and provide supervisory assistance and guidance:
- Review and approve all large deposits and place uncollected funds holds as appropriate
- Review and approve all employee time cards in a timely manner
- Effectively identify subordinates’ abilities and promote applicable training
- May open accounts as needed
- May conduct teller transactions as needed
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years of banking operations experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Effective communication skills in presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Displays a customer focused attitude with the ability to engage customers, build personal connections, and exhibit professionalism
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.