Client Services Officer I
Posting Date: 04/21/23
Requisition #: HBC 23-119
Department: Branch Operations
The Client Services Officer I role coordinates and collaborates closely with the Relationship Management team and Operations Officer in welcoming new business into the bank and managing existing client relationships on a daily basis. The CSO I is a key liaison to deliver clients the outstanding service that our Heritage Bank of Commerce brand is built upon.
Pay Range: Base Compensation is dependent upon role, experience, and skill set: Min- $45,375/yr Max- $75,625/yr
• Act as a key liaison with clients:
- Conduct client service activities including handling client requests, completing transfers, assisting with wires, etc.
- Deliver and provide tier 1 support for basic cash management solutions (basic online banking, ATM/Debit/Credit cards, Mobile Banking, etc.)
- Deliver and provide tier 2 support for cash management solutions (including but not limited to boarding new account set-ups on the business online banking platform)
• Provide exceptional customer service to all clients, prospective clients and Bank employees, in person, by email, and the phone:
- Interact and establish rapport with all clients that conduct business in the branch
- Display outstanding interpersonal skills and maintain a professional image at all times
• Maintain a working knowledge of banking operations as it applies to the position:
- Follow proper procedures and make decisions to mitigate risk to the bank within assigned approval authority including but not limited to NSF/OD decisions
- Follow bank policies and banking regulations
- Complete operations work accurately and efficiently
- Assist in completing periodic certifications in a timely and accurate manner to audit requirements
- May provide back-up supervisory duties as needed
• Assist clients with new account opening and ensure proper documentation is in compliance with bank policies and procedures
• Conduct customary teller functions when needed
• Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of two years of related experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
• Effective communication skills in presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
• Displays a customer focused attitude with the ability to engage customers, build personal connections, and exhibit professionalism
The employee is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of job related laws and regulations and must maintain current compliance knowledge by attending compliance related training seminars and staff meetings and by reading pertinent compliance related materials.
Job related laws and regulations include, but are not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC); Vendor Management; Information and Data Security; and SEC regulations related to corporate governance and disclosure.
Competitive salary, bonus plan, medical, dental, group life & long-term care insurance, vision care reimbursement, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement program, and a health club allowance.
Heritage Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws.